Thursday, June 18, 2009

Toyota "Corona" - Vintage Ride

Yes it's not "Corolla" but "Corona!" I say this because I just recalled that one of my friends actually thought that I didn't know my own car name and I was saying Corona for Corolla.

The car has been in the family since 1990. So, currently, it is the 19th year that we use this car. I am talking about it because off late, I am the one who drives it the most and hence, I feel for my car. I think I realized its importance only after the miserable sufferings I faced (Car got impounded for 15 days and I live a little away from civilization).

Today, I noticed that I feel quite bad when people say stuff about my car. Yeah, so I know it is very old and quite ruined but it still runs decently enough and all the important parts of the car work just fine. Most of all, it's anyday better than walking on the road under the Hot Dubai Sun, paying insane amounts of cash to various cab drivers (even better if they are hitting on you!) and wasting generous amount of time by travelling in public buses. I would also like to mention pathan cabs and sharing cabs which have their own issues. But it's so convinient to make fun of my vehicle while it's giving you the ride.

I think I have given this 'exclusive right' to only a few important friends. However, the rest also seem to be my guests.

Well, I know that they are joking at the end of the day but I am still not okay with 'the guests.'

No comments: