Thursday, February 07, 2008

That One Odd Day

Slowly walking, hand in hand
feeling the silence along the shore
talking and laughing away to glory.

Just me and my good old friend
made a whole different world
of thoughts, emotions & aspirations.

Not many of the others knew her
I was the best one she liked
Even i kept her discrepancy. Now
a little indifferent was she.

It had become a routine from
afternoon till the high tides came
everyday for months now.

That was an 'odd' day when
that man came and asked;
"Miss, everytime I come here I
see you walking along this
shore talking to yourself. Why?

I smiled at him, walked,
looked at my friend as she
winked at me. We laughed.

Slowly walking, hand in hand
feeling the silence along the shore.....

Just me and my good old friend
made a whole different world.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a poetry competition in colg...da winners wud get their work published in the colg magazine...i hadnt planned on enterin it coz i m not a very gud poet and specially not wen u r given random topics to rite bout on a random day...nevertheless, i went fer it and diz is wat i came up wid.... :P we were given two topics; freedom and friendship... even though diz is not one of my gud works, i kinda felt gud after ritin diz..it made me smile....few of my classmates who read it of course cud not possibly say dat it sucks (incase it does) and one frd thot it had guddd imagery....well newaz its one of my works so i still value it... :)

*End*

2 comments:

Filarial said...

nice lines..:)

Cuckud said...

thank you...